ShearGuru Hair Scissors Set Review

  The older I get, the more I do things myself. Many things don't seem as difficult as they used to be thanks to advances in online information access. We no longer need to attend actual classes to learn something. There are tons of information resources available online, any time, anywhere.
  Because it is hard to find just the right hair salon, I decided to become more skillful myself and give my husband a haircut.  


  I needed the right tools for that. First, I checked YouTube to see if I could actually learn haircut techniques. Next, I checked online stores and haircut sets that would be the best for our family.

ShearGuru Scissors & Shears Set

  Based on the description of the quality, price, and reviews, I decided to purchase this product, ShearGuru. I also liked it coming with a case. 

Purchased from Amazon for $29.99 plus tax

  I purchased a set of ShearGuru hair scissors from Amazon for $32.84. Not too cheap or not too expensive. It's not expensive especially when you think of all the savings you can get from not going to the hair salons anymore. I have heard that the hair scissors are in greater demand than ever due to the shutdown as the coronavirus spreads. Currently, this product appears not to be available on Amazon. 

Back and the side of the box

  This set of hair scissors is made in Taiwan.

Scissors set in a leather case

  They emphasized that they've included a lifetime guarantee to return the money without question if I was not satisfied with this product. It's better to hear that than nothing.


Sizes of the scissors & shears

  When I first tried the scissors and shears, they felt very smooth and lightweight. The finger holes are big enough and the grips were comfortable. It seemed a little tight with my husband's fingers, but it would be me who would mostly use them anyway. 
    
The grips 

  It was my first time trying thinning shears. It was fun to see how they worked and it felt like my haircut skills have been upgraded with the fancier tool.  
  After use, I washed them with soap and dried them right away with the cloth that came with the set. Another nice thing is that the scissors can be easily disassembled for cleaning by twisting the screw in the middle.


Easy to disassemble for cleaning

  I bought this product 3 months ago and used it about 3 times. I use an electric hair clipper as well and they work great together. Trimming my husband's hair has become one of the fun hobbies I enjoy while staying at home during the pandemic. I am surprised how rewarding it feels, too. 
  Saving money, building a closer relationship with the person you are giving a haircut to and also it is fun; there are so many reasons you can start to become a self hair stylist!


Comments