Sam's Club Vegetable Medley Review

  Is it difficult to go shopping frequently to buy fresh vegetables? Is it hard to keep the vegetables fresh until they are finished? The answer is yes to me. Since the outbreak of coronavirus (and now riots have caused curfews. OMG), it has been difficult to get fresh vegetables on time when needed. If I buy a big amount of fresh vegetables at once, it's a bit burdensome to finish them as soon as possible. So the solution I have is frozen vegetables. 
  It was a part of the stock-up for my family. When I went shopping recently, I bought a lot of fresh and frozen vegetables. My plan was once I finish the fresh vegetables, I start to eat the frozen ones. Now the time has finally come. When I'm desperate, the frozen vegetables are waiting for me in the freezer. 


  This is what we got; Member's Mark Vegetable Medley. It's from Sam's Club. A whole sale market is a good option for getting food in large quantities in situations like now.  

Sam's Club Member's Mark Vegetable Medley

  It's a big, heavy bag; 5 pounds/2.27 kilograms/80 ounces. We paid $7.98 for a bag. There are 5 individual 1 pound bags, each bag is about $1.60. 

$7.98 for 5 LB bag

  It's a vegetable medley with a mixture of broccoli, green beans, carrots, red peppers, wax beans and yellow peppers. I'm more familiar with "mixed vegetables" than "vegetable medley", but I guess they are the same.  

Back side

 It's 30 calories per cup (85 grams) and the whole package contains 5 individual 1 pound bags. Each bag is about 160 calories. It's very low in calories compared to its weight and quantity. Cooking instructions include microwave and stovetop instructions.   

Nutrition facts, Ingredients & cooking instructions

  They also included a roasted cheesy vegetable recipe. 

Roasted Cheesy Vegetables Recipe
  One of my favorite features about this product is that the vegetables are individually packaged per pound. One bag is suitable for two or more people. 

5 of 1 LB bag in the package

  The easiest way to cook this frozen vegetable medley is microwaving, since the pouches are microwavable. Put the whole bag in the microwave with the sealed side facing up without opening. The bag is BPA-free. I bought this product on April 21, 2020 and it expires on October 6, 2021. 
16 oz (1 LB, 454g) each per bag

BPA-free

  I opened the bag to cook vegetables on the stove. They have a beautiful mix of colors with broccoli, beans, peppers and carrots. One pound of vegetables was a larger amount than I thought, very satisfying! 

Frozen vegetables
  Following the cooking instructions, I boiled the vegetables with 1.5 cups of water and simmer for 6 minutes. I like that this vegetable medley has green beans, wax beans and peppers in it, because I don't normally cook with fresh ones. Individually packaged frozen vegetables are very convenient and a great way to get nutrients. I feel well prepared with them in my freezer without going out for shopping for days.   

Cooked on stove top

Vegetable Medley

Comments

Post a Comment