Trader Joe's French Brioche Reviews

  Do you like French toast? I sometimes enjoy cooking French toast for brunch on the weekends. My family tries to eat healthy bread like whole grain bread or multigrain bread, so we don't usually have the right bread for French toast. I had heard of Trader Joe's Brioche was excellent for French toast and when it was about time to get bored of health bread, I finally decided to try it.   


  Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche is the right thickness for French toast. I purchased this bread on May 10, 2020 and it expires on May 19. 

Trader Joe's Sliced French Brioche 

  Most of Trader Joe's products are reasonably priced for their quality. French Brioche is an okay price, $3.99 for a 1 pound (500 g) bag. 

1 LB bag for $3.99

1 LB (1.6 OZ, 500 g)

  The nutrition facts are clear. There are a total of 11 slices, 160 calories each. The bread contains high cholesterol (by my standards). I was surprised that this product was actually made in France. Is it really imported from France or are the ingredients from France? If it's made in France, I wonder how they handle all the shipping issues as for bread freshness is important and the expiration date is not very distant.  

Nutrition Facts & Ingredients

  The bread is quite small but heavy for its size. I tried a slice untoasted first and it wasn't as soft as I expected. It's eggy and slightly sweet and a bit hard. I recommend to toast it at least.  

Brioche bread

  Make sure to remove the bakery paper before eating!

Slices of Brioche

  They do look amazing as French toast. They are small and easy to cook and flip. They are thick and have a good texture.  

French Toast with TJ French Brioche

  I enjoyed it with maple syrup, banana and Nutella. I'm glad I finally got to try French toast with Trader Joe's French Brioche and I see why it's famous. I prefer softer brioche bread, but Trader Joe's French Brioche is worth a try if you are a French toast fan. 

French Toast

Comments