Sam's Club Member's Mark Mango Salsa Review

    As the weather got hotter, my taste has been looking for something refreshing and new. When I saw this product at Sam's Club, I thought this was it! I just had to get it. 
  The first time I had mango salsa was at a buffet in Vegas. There were a variety of delicious foods, but the mango salsa was the one that delightfully surprised me the most. 
  Unlike ordinary salsa, mango salsa is not something you happen to experience frequently. Either you have to look for it or make your own.  


  This mango salsa is Sam's Club brand, Member's Mark. It says 'limited time offering' and I assume this means that it is kind of seasonal or it comes and goes depending on demand. 

Sam's Club Mango Salsa

  It's a big jar of mango salsa; 36 ounces, 2.25 pounds, 1.02 kilograms. The price is $6.98. 

36 oz (2.25 LB, 1.02 kg) for $6.98

  I hesitated to buy it because we are just a two-person family and it suggests to consume within 7 days of opening. But how can I resist the beautiful color of the mango salsa calling out to me?  ٩(ˊ  ᗜˋ*)و
  The main ingredient, of course, is mango, and it contains some tomatoes and bell peppers.  

Nutrition Facts & Ingredients

  It expires on July 6, 2020, about 2 mouths after purchase. I purchased it on April 21, 2020.

Expiration Date

Sealed for freshness

  The taste of this mango salsa was quite simple. The basic flavor was mostly sweet and a bit vinegary. Yep, I was surprised with how sweet the taste was and there was no spicy flavor at all. If I had read the ingredients more thoroughly before trying it, I could have predicted the taste better. However, I thought this was salsa after all and it would be at least a little spicy.  

Mango salsa

  The texture of the mango and bell peppers are so soft and melting. The tortilla chips with mango salsa worked great as an appetizer. Somehow I became more hungry after eating this mango salsa with chips. 

Mango salsa with Mission tortilla strips

  I wanted to add a little kick and a more tropical flavor to the salsa, so I added chopped sweet onions and pineapples. I especially liked it with the sweet onions as they gave the salsa some spiciness and crispness.    

With sweet onions & pineapples

  Member's Mark Mango Salsa was a bit too sweet and vinegary to me, but it is convenient and a great value. You can enjoy it to your liking by adding additional ingredients such as onion, cilantro, jalapeno, pineapple, etc. 

Comments