Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Sore Rinse Review

  While the coronavirus pandemic is happening in the world, I had an unexpected gum problem. I had no choice but to try self-treatment during dental offices shutdown and I happened to try Colgate Peroxyl mouth sore rinse. 


Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Sore Rinse

  Three weeks ago, I was brushing my teeth before going to bed and they didn't feel normal. I looked at my teeth though the mirror and was very surprised. The gum surrounding the tooth implanted around 10 years ago had swollen so much that half of the tooth looked gone. The swollen gum was covering the half of my tooth! I tried to floss, but it was painful and bleeding. I hoped the mouthwash I already had at home would help, but the next morning, it'd got worse. It felt so sensitive and painful, especially when eating. 

  I called the dentist the right next morning hoping to get an appointment to solve whatever causing this pain. But It was just my hope. The dental office has been closed since the pandemic had become more serious, and all the dentist could do for me was to give me some advice.


The dentist gave me some advice

  The dentist wanted to send her some pictures of my gum and she gave me more advice through the text message (capture above). I didn't have hydrogen peroxide, but I did have salt and a Waterpik.



$7.99 for 8oz (250ml) at Walgreens

  After trying salty water and the Waterpik for one or two days, I could tell my gum is slowly getting better, but I wanted more promising results. 
  I decided to get the hydrogen peroxide. My original plan was to get the 3% hydrogen peroxide and mix it with water 50/50 as the dentist recommended, but normal hydrogen peroxide was all sold out (maybe because of coronavirus?). And then I found this product in the oral care section at Walgreens and decided to give it a try. It was already 1.5% so I didn't have to do any work of mixing it with water. More convenient, but more money, I guess.  


1.5% hydrogen peroxide

  I started using it right away three times a day. It tasted a lot different from regular mouthwashes. It tasted a bit sweet and wasn't strong at all like regular mouthwashes which usually make my mouth painful. 



Back side of the bottle

  With using salty water, Waterpik and hydrogen peroxide, my sore gum started to improve quickly. And in about five days, the soreness has totally gone. I am so glad with this because the "Warnings" says that 'Do not use this product for more than 7 days' and 'Stop use and ask a doctor if sore mouth symptoms do not improve within 7 days'.  



More instructions with peeling back


Typical blue color

  A little shy to post the pictures of my gum, but for more details, here's how they looked Before and After. I didn't think of taking a picture when it became really swollen, but Before picture is what I sent to the dentist. I used hydrogen peroxide three times a day for about five days, salty water about ten days, and still use Waterpik every day. 



Before & After 2 weeks

  I still have no idea what caused the swelling and soreness. I am still planning to visit the dentist to make sure everything is okay with my teeth and gum, but I don't know when It can be with this pandemic. At least this self-treatment worked great thanks to the dentist's advice. 


Comments