Milkis Melon Review

  Sometimes I can find Korean products in America that are usually not available in Korea.  I noticed this when I found all different flavors (like strawberry, cherry and watermelon, etc.) of Soju in the Korean markets in the U.S. I found out later that they have been only launched outside of Korea. 

Lotte Milkis Melon

  Milkis Melon is a similar case. Milkis Original is super common in Korea, but I have not seen flavored ones. 


Milkis Melon Milky Soda 

  Lotte's Milkis Original is a famous Korean carbonated milky drink with 30 years of history. Milkis Original is basically a drink that tastes like Sprite mixed with milk, I would say. It has a hint of yogurt flavor as well, but not strong. When I was a teenager, out of curiosity, I have tried mixing Sprite with milk to see if it would taste like Milkis. I remember it tasted quite similar, but it was a lot bubbly on the head because of milk.



Milkis is made in Korea

  Milkis melon tastes like Sprite mixed with milk with a hint of melon flavor. Carbonation is not too strong and it is a bit on the sweet side. Milkis is free of artificial food colors, so Milkis Melon has a blurry milky color, but it's not green.

Nutrition Facts & Ingredients

  I bought a pack of 6 cans (8.45 FL OZ, 250ml each) of Milkis Melon at a Chinese Market (99 Ranch Market) for $5. 

Milkis Original & Melon

  Milkis Melon is tasty as it is, but it could be especially good as a mixer for cocktails. I can easily imagine mixing Milkis Melon with vodka with a piece of melon as a garnish.
  
Milkis Original (Milk & Yogurt Flavor)

  Milkis can be a fun try if you are bored with the usual sodas and would like to try something new. One thing to remember is that they could be only available at certain Asian markets. 

Comments