Tyson Chicken Nuggets Review (5 LB bag)

  Sometimes, I get chicken nuggets on the side of the main order at a fast-food restaurant. I remember a time when the burger I ordered wasn't tasty, and the chicken nuggets were much more satisfying. 


  Now we are going through the coronavirus pandemic and it has encouraged me try new purchases. Getting a huge bag of chicken nuggets was one of them. Frozen foods are such a safe option when cooking is a hassle and you don't want to go shopping as often. I try to cook healthier with fresh ingredients more, but in this COVID-19 situation, I decided to fill up my freezer more than usual. 

Tyson Chicken Nuggets

  At Sam's Club, Tyson Chicken Nuggets were the only option for chicken nuggets when I was shopping on April 21, 2020. There were only a few bags left in the freezer there. 



$10.18 for 5 LB bag

  A 5 LB (80 OZ, 2.26kg) bag costs $10.18.  


Back of the bag

  The serving size is 4 pieces, about 24 servings per container, which mean the total amount is about 96 pieces. I was wondering how accurate this number is...so I counted them (check the result below). As the package said, the ingredients seem natural. But the some nutrition facts? For only 4 pieces of chicken nuggets, 240 calories is quit high. And 40 mg of cholesterol also catches my eye. 


Nutrition Facts & Ingredients

  I know deep frying is the most delicious way to heat up chicken nuggets. But I'm lazy and don't want to ingest extra oil. I heated them up in the oven as I usually do with frozen food. 


Heating instructions

  There was a very thin zipper on top of the bag, but as soon as the bag was opened, some parts immediately separated from the bag. Even it didn't want to close again. 

Expiration Date & Zipper bag 

  5 LB is a large amount. They filled the entire 12-inch wok.  


Amount of a 5 LB bag of chicken nuggets

  Suddenly I was curious how many chicken nuggets there actually were, so I counted them on the baking sheet. The package says 4 pieces x 24 serving sizes = 96 pieces. But it had a total of 112 pieces which was 16 pieces more than it said. Extra chicken nuggets are always welcome! 

A 5 LB bag has a total of 112 chicken nuggets

  The size of chicken nuggets are slightly larger than Oreo's. Why compare with an Oreo? The Oreo was just the perfect size among what I had at the moment... ლ(◞‿◟ლ)


Size comparison with Oreo

  They don't look much different before and after heating, but here they are out of the oven. They were great with my favorite sauce, honey mustard, as well as ketchup and sweet chili sauce. The chewing texture was good, nothing weird such as rubbery. Not too salty, either. They are certainly better than those from fast-food restaurants.  


Tyson Chicken Nugget half cut

  I recommend deep frying them for yummier results (and other deep-fried frozen food!).  


Comments