One A Day Couple's Pre Pregnancy Vitamins Review

  It is an exciting time! My husband and I have decided to start getting ready to have a new family member in our home. There had been many reasons that blocked us from making this decision in the past, but we are finally ready! Most of my friends already have kids and I have been advised things regarding the pregnancy. There could be a lot of things you can consider, but I have always heard that the most important thing is taking folic acid. So I had taken folic acid for about a month recently, finished the bottle and needed a new one. 

One A Day Pre-Preganacy Couple's Pack

  While staying safe at home during the Coronavirus pandemic, I thought the online purchase would be the best way and have given this brand a try — One A Day Pre-Pregnancy Multivitamin, for both women and men. 

Purchased on Amazon

  The delivery was quick. I ordered on March 30 and received them on April 1. $26.95 without taxes is quite pricey compared to other brand's prenatal vitamins. And the box was a little smooshed as it was delivered in a bubble padded envelope. But what matters is what's in it, right? 

Instructions on the back of the box

  Before I made a decision on this product, I was debating if I wanted to just get folic acid and share it with my husband as I used to. Then I saw this product while browsing Amazon, found this product and thought what a brilliant idea to have a "couple's pack". At least their advertisement made us feel that we would be so set if we take these. 

Instructions on the sides of the box


Descriptions on the top of the box

  The containers were smaller than I expected (I don't know what I expected anyway. I already knew there're 30 pills each and I didn't want them to be giant).

The container are about 3.5 inches tall

The expiration dates; last about 10 months since purchase

 On the other hand, the pills were a lot bigger than the folic acid I used to take. Well, when you think about this is folic acid plus multivitamins, they're not too strangely big, I guess. The types of pills are different; the woman's ones are softgels and man's are tablets.

Softgels for Woman & tablets for man 

  If mine were tablets, I would break it in half and take them one by one...But, sadly, nope, I have no choice. Do you know how to take a pill as a straight shot like a log through the throat? Even though I try to locate it vertical on the tongue, it seems like it flips horizontal right after I drink water....and I tried vice versa. It feels like it goes down horizontal all the time no matter what I do.  


The pills are about the size of a penny

  The other difference is the caps. The woman's container has a child safety cap while the man's one doesn't. We don't have any kids yet, so either way doesn't matter for us. 


Child safety cap for woman's container

  I have a bit sensitive stomach and some multivitamins caused a stomachache in the past. This product recommend to take with food maybe because of that reason as well. I have taken these pills around 10 days now and no stomach uncomfortableness so far. I hope this product does what it's supposed to do and we have good news soon! 


Comments